Friday, August 9, 2013

Coming Into Me

Musical winds pushing the chimes to and fro,
The flowers bopping to the beat of the wind.
Trees raising their arms, singing hallelujah,
Little birds chirp as they bathe in the warm waters of the bird bath.
All outdoors are vibrant, alive, and full of joy!
They seem to know something I do not.
All of nature has that internal happiness I struggle, and strive for.
Sitting in the midst of the trees, flowers, and birds,
Watching the bees buzz around loaded with pollen,
And the arachnids catching their supper,
I sense I am also a part of this....this thing I call nature.
Is my struggle for happiness unfounded?
Is it something I already have?
I feel myself smiling,...realizing..this is true!
Happiness has been in my peripheral vision all along.
I just couldn't see it, because I was too busy.
Too busy  searching for what someone else told me happiness was.


by Donna Evans 8-3-2012

2 comments:

  1. I surely do Love this one Donna! ! ! I can see you smiling, and it warms my heart ! ! ! Love to You My Beautiful Friend !
    Your writings are amazing Donna.... So great! ! ! Hugs! (yes, even mentioning the arachnids) I still send a hug! haha :D Love ya, T*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa, I was having a great moment! Love to you also my friend...hope all is going well in the dessert. Love Love, D-

    ReplyDelete